Sunday 9 June 2013

Home made pistachio icecream and pavlova

Last weekend I tried a new recipe from Neil Perry.  It was in the Good Weekend.  I was surprised that the recipe required me to boil the cream.  I decided to be good and actually follow the recipe... It didn't thicken the way I had envisaged despite whisking it for twenty minutes.  It stayed runny... not really thick... It had 6 eggs yolks, sugar and 3 tablespoons of rose water... I love the smell of rose water (procured at King & Godfrey in Carlton)... When it finally froze, it was hard and very nutty (contained 150 grams of crushed pistachios - I crushed them roughly).... It was delicious (and rich), but next time I am going to try whipping cold cream and see if I can get a creamy light consistency:


The pavlova was a good way to use up the egg whites and so light and yum... also make the room warm on a cold day (150 degrees for 30 minutes then 120 for 45 minutes):


No comments:

Post a Comment